Friday 11 December 2009

'Hilarious' guy from accounts actually has bleak existence

Ask anyone on the fourth floor of Ryman House in Crewe who their favourite comedian is and you won't get the usual answer...

They won't say Jimmy Carr, they won't say Peter Kay, they won't even say Mark Watson. That's because they have their own comedy idol living amongst them in Kevin Hodge.

Since 2002, when Hodge joined Ryman from Staples, the accounting services human resources managerial technician has been wowing board rooms and water-cooler gatherings alike with his fractured take on company life.

"He's just hilarious," Kelly Adams guffawed. "I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but he cracks us all up.

"He does this impression of our deputy manager Tanya where he talks really fast because she talks quite fast. Actually I think she might have a speech problem but, oh, you have to see it."

But once the laughter fades and Kevin returns home to his studio flat off Nantwich Road his daily routine is far from the rock-and-roll lifestyle you would expect.

"To be honest I'm finding things a bit tough," the gifted wordsmith admitted with a sigh.

"I spend between four and five hours every evening running over new material and getting it smooth enough for the next day.

"I can't sleep until I'm sure I have at least a tight five for the morning coffee break and if there's a training seminar the next day I'll pull an all-nighter.

"It's actually a horribly depressing life. I'm not sure how much longer I can carry on like this and if I have to do another fucking Tanya impression I'll probably hurt myself and others."

No comments:

Post a Comment